Harmony Farms History

Built in 1796 by two Windsor brothers, the house has the original 6 fireplaces including a beehive oven. The house was purchased and renovated by Bernard and Mary Ellen Smith in 1978. In 1990, it was remodeled more extensively; all floors were restored and the kitchen was enlarged by adding six feet to the western ell.

Much of the 28 acres of the farm was forest land. The Smiths harvested the majority of the woods for their farm. Three ponds were installed to help with irrigation. Today, Harmony Farms has 6 acres of blueberries, 2 acres of apples, 1 acre of peaches and large patches of blackberries and raspberries.

In 2017 the Barden Family bought Harmony Farms are continuing to manage the great work that the Smith’s started.

Harmony Farms Is Located At 387 Saw Mill Road, Harmony, Rhode Island 02857. Phone 1-401-934-0741
Need Directions Click Here.

Field